I have a mystery mouth problem. It reared its ugly head after Elizabeth's birthday picnic when I experienced some intense tooth and jaw pain for about 24 hours (Sat-Sun). It really scared me so I promptly made a dentist appointment for Monday morning.
Of course, when I got to the dentist, I had no pain at all. However, my dentist did a visual exam, took some x-rays but couldn't find anything wrong. So, he referred me to an endodontist who took more x-rays but also couldn't find anything wrong. The good news was that the pain had not returned.
So, that was about 2 months ago and I had pretty much forgotten about the mystery mouth pain. Unfortunately, about 4 days ago, it reappeared. I have absolutely no idea what I could be doing to bring on this pain -- very frustrating.
Just to add to the fun ... I have been away at a corporate conference for the past few days -- smiling, talking, schmoozing, etc. Fortunately, I have been able to manage the pain with regular dosages of Motrin. However, today the pain has intensified significantly and the Motrin alone does not seem to be as effective in masking the symptoms. I don't think that the pain will magically go away this time (4 days now -- ugh), so I will have to try to get in to see the endodontist tomorrow. I'm very concerned about trying to make it through the weekend without any treatment/drugs.
Hopefully they can squeeze me in. Hopefully, it won't be too painful. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for me.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment