We had our final birthday celebrations for Elizabeth this weekend at Walt Disney World. She chose to have 2 nights and 3 days at WDW instead of a skating, painting, zoo, bowling or miniature golf party with her school mates. To be honest ... I was thrilled with her choice. I HATE those kiddie parties. The kids are bad enough, but having to deal with the parents creeping around is almost more than I can take. What ever happened to the "drop the kids off and pick them up later" approach to kids' birthday parties?
So, in a nutshell, we spent 3 very cold days hanging at the hotel (I love resorts!), shopping (Schwinks loves shopping!), going to the heated pool (and the pool bar), eating lots of junk food, and going to the theme parks. It was AWESOME!!! We all had a great time. It was the perfect amount of time for a mini-vacation. We all had lots of fun, but were ready to get home to see our dog and sleep in our own (communal -- ugh) bed.
Work is insanely busy. It is so insanely busy that I don't have words to express how insanely busy it is. My list of "to do's" just grows and grows each day. Next week we have 3 days of off-site Leadership meetings at a Walt Disney World resort, so I'm not sure when I will get all of my actual work done. I feel like I'm under tremendous pressure to get everything done this week so that I don't fall hopelessly behind after being out of pocket for 3 days next week. And, this visit to WDW will not contain any trips to the pool bar, shopping excursions or theme parks on the agenda ... only meeting after meeting, followed up with team building exercises (uber-ugh) and topped off with "inspirational" group dinners where we can all act like we are having an incredibly riveting experience.
In all honesty, the meeting will probably be very good and helpful. I just wish I didn't have so much to do.
As you know, Grandmommy is not doing well today. She has been a big part of my consciousness today and I can't stop thinking about all of the times we spent with her at her house, on vacation, at the beach, eating KFC, etc. when I was a child. I will never forget the awesome meals she cooked and how she would make pancakes for us in the morning after we spent the night. Pancakes for breakfast -- how awesome is that! She was such an incredible influence on me as a child -- she was the inspiration for my love of the Lord and a yearning to understand His Word. The memory of her love, kindness and generosity to me will forever live in my heart and has become a permanent part of the fabric of who I have become. She is in my thoughts and prayers constantly. I am so grateful that she is not in any pain. I wish her peace and a gentle passage as she journeys into the light of His love.
I love you all. Thanks for loving me back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
♥
ReplyDelete