So, Mom is wondering why I don't blog more. To tell you the truth, it's because I really don't have any spare time. My blogging time is time that I have "stolen" from something else -- work, the kid, the husband, cleaning the house, etc. So ... today I'm stealing 10 minutes from work to tell everyone that nothing too exciting is going on around here. Below is all I can think of that may be new ...
1. My sunburn if finally recovered. I still itch a bit and have some small sores on my chest, but I'm MUCH better. I'm still a bit freaked about going out in the sun, so we won't be taking the boat out for a couple of weeks.
2. We took Schwinks to the pool last Sunday (I was covered in sunscreen and wearing clothes and a hat!) so that my friend, Miss Jaimie, could coach her in her swimming. Schwinks did great, so much better than last summer. She put her face in the water, was not afraid and really had a lot of fun. I wouldn't yet say that she really knows how to swim, but I think that she's beginning to "get it." We will likely take her to the pool again this week and then again this weekend until she gets the hang of it. Keep your fingers crossed!
3. We've decided to rent the Lake Forest house to a Japanese couple. They have no pets and an infant. We will still lose money each month, but it will ease the burden significantly. Also, it will give us some time for the market to recover a bit before we put it back on the market. The rental agent is currently doing their background check, but we hope that they will be moving into the house by the end of June. So ... Bern and I will be spending much of this and next weekend moving out all of the final odds and ends that we've left there.
4. Work is INSANELY busy. It's so busy that I now really understand what it means to be "drinking from a firehose." There are more and larger projects coming in each week and it takes all I've got just to keep my head above water. Like Schwinks ... I feel like I'm just doggy paddling. Really, I have no time.
5. Bern complained yesterday that he doesn't get to play golf anymore because he's tied down with picking up Schwinks each day. I feel bad for him and understand that he's bummed because he is used to having some free time. Me, on the other hand, I am perfectly accustomed to having no free time and don't really expect to have a couple of four-five hour blocks of time to splurge on myself for fun and recreation. He may be tied down being a taxi service, but I'm tied down with work and travel to work. Not to sound harsh, but the way I see it ... that's life in the fast lane.
6. We've decided to get the back yard sodded and some hedges added. We were putting it off until we sold the house, but since we are going to rent it, we've decided ot move forward and get the back yard fixed up. Currently it's a sandy mess, so it will be nice to have grass back there so that I can go out and not worry about the mess. What's another $2K at this point anyway ... ugh.
7. Schwinks has a new friend, Katie, from across the street. It's great that she has a friend (so cute to see them together), but it's adding more to our daily round of activities. Each day, Katie comes over to play around 6PM. They play and snack, run around the house with the dog (lots of noise!), watch cartoons, play in the playroom etc. I'm really glad that Schwinks has a playmate, but it can be exhausting after a long day.
8. We've decided to leave Schwinks at her current school for Pre-K4 next year. After that, for Kindergarten, we will move her to the Catholic school in Leesburg (St. Paul's). Leesburg is a 30 minute drive from the house (the opposite way from our work), but there is a van that will pick her up at our local church in Mount Dora (10 mins from the house) and take her to and from school. We will need to hire an afternoon sitter/nanny to pick her up from the bus drop at 3:30 each day and cart her to dance lessons, swimming lessons, home, etc. We visited the school in Leesburg and really liked it. They have a nice campus, nice playground, new library and new art/music room. They are also building a new gym. So, it should be great school for her, we'll just need to work through the "take and pick up" logistics.
Well ... that's all I've got for now.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your post made me tired. :) LOL! Don't you love mom? I had to update, too, for her.
ReplyDeleteCouldn't Schwinks go over to Katie's house to play a couple of nights a week? It would be nice for you to have a little break.
My heart is in my throat about the afternoon sitter/nanny person carting Schwinks around. Yikes, can you make sure they drive a tank?