Thursday, April 30, 2009

I know, I know, I'm the worst blogger in the world. It's been one month since my last post -- how lame, huh.

Well, we've finally moved. Last Friday a big truck and 4 big Russian guys showed up at the house. It took about 8 hours, but after that, all of our stuff had moved from beautiful Lake Forest to tranquil (yet backwoods) Eustis.

The best part is that I was in Wisconsin, flying back home on Friday. So, by the time I got to the new house at 4:30PM, everything had been moved in and the truck and 4 big Russian guys were exiting the scene. Bern had worked is @$$ off to get the house ready for me. He'd put the beds together, made the beds, put all towels and toiletries away, put all dishes, glasses, etc. away in the kitchen. He even had hung our pineapple themed "Welcome" sign at the front door (how sweet). In short, all I had to do was to come in and re-arrange some furniture. It was GREAT!!!

The house looks beautiful. I'm really happy with it. For some reason, in the new house, everything looks new and different, better somehow. The lake view is so tranquil and calm. We don't have any blinds on the windows yet, so we are living in a bit of a fishbowl, but he view is awesome. The blinds have been ordered so we should gain some privacy in about 2 weeks.

The dog and the cat are getting used to the new diggs. They spend a lot of time exploring the house and the yard. Elizabeth loves the new house because she has a new friend across the street (Katie -- 6 yrs old). However, she is having trouble sleeping upstairs by herself, so we have reverted back to the "crawl into bed with Mommy and Daddy at 3AM" routine. I'm sure that it will pass, but it's making me awfully tired and a bit cranky.

I will definitely post some pictures, as soon as I can find my camera (ugh). I'll try to do a better job of posting more frequently. Thanks for understanding -- I've been a little distracted over the past month or so.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you're in! I can't wait to come visit and see the new place. I'm sure it's BEAUTIFUL.

    I had a dream the other night that we had come up to help you move and your house was a big giant disaster (the old one) with empty wine bottles and newspapers and shoes all over the place. And you said "It's okay, because we're not going to live there anymore." !! :)

    ReplyDelete