Thursday, May 21, 2009

How can it take so much?

Sometimes I wonder how I ever make it out the door in the morning. Have you ever considered the amount of processes and products it takes just to get yourself ready to face the day? Here's a brief synopsis of a typical morning for me:
1. Open eyes and put feet on floor
2. Take the dog out (rain or shine, she has to go out first thing)
3. Give dog food and water
4. Make coffee
5. Wake up cranky four year old and put her in front of a television cartoon
6. Get in shower -- wash hair, condition hair, shave, wash body, brush teeth, scrub face, use mouthwash
7. Dry off
8. Get dressed
9. Put product in wet hair, blow dry hair, flat iron hair (maybe even curl hair)
10. Drink coffee
11. Put on face and body moisturizer
12. Put on makeup (I seem to need a wide variety these days)
13. Dress cranky four year old (much whining)
14. Brush teeth and hair of four year old (even louder whining)
15. Give four year old breakfast and beg her to eat some of it
16. Walk dog (again -- after her breakfast has processed)
17. Pack up my bag for work
18. Make sure four year old has her school stuff (can't go without a blankie)
19. Grab my bag and a diet coke and get in the car and head off to work

The miracle is that I have to get all of this done within a 1 hour period when I am very tired and cranky myself. It's a wonder I don't just give up and spend more of my days in bed.

That sure sounds nice. Hmmm, maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we are expected to hit the floor running every day, no matter how tired or how cranky?

    Here's to caffeine.

    ReplyDelete