So, we've closed on the house and have started the move preparations. I've packed up some non-essential dishes and clothing and have moved them over. Also, we've had the entire inside of the house painted so it looks fresh and new. We're going to take the move slowly -- moving most of our things ourselves and hiring movers for the heavy furniture. Next week, the landscape goes in and then the new sod - it should look much better in a couple of weeks.
I know that I should be excited about the new house, and on some level I am. However, I can't seem to stop obsessing about the need to sell our current home. We keep the house spic and span (no easy task with a four year old and a dog) every day. And, each weekend I am hopeful that we will have someone come view the house and fall in love with it. And ... each weekend I am disappointed when no one comes by. We know that it is priced competitively and we know that it is in great shape and in a great neighborhood. But, unfortunately, the market is just so horrible right now that no one is even looking. Bummer. I just have to understand that I'm doing everything I can and learn to leave it in God's hands. As you know, giving up control is not easy for me, so maybe this is a test. Wish me luck.
On a lighter note ... I just finished an AWESOME book! Loved it. Loved every single, super scrumptious, absolutely engrossing page of it. To be honest, I raced through it with anticipation for each new story line, but am now quite sad that it's over. It's a historical fiction by Sharon Kay Penman (my favorite author!) called The Devils Brood. It's about the 12th century English king and queen, Henry II and Eleanor of Acquitane. If you don't know the history on these two monarchs, take it from me ... they are unbelievably interesting. Their love/hate story is infamous and has held the fascination of historians and readers for nine centuries. I highly recommend this book.
Just thought I'd post something to keep you up to date.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment