We spent the weekend doing yard work and moving things from the "old" house to the "new" house. It's amazing how much effort it takes to move such small amounts of your earthly possessions. It's also amazing what you will find when you begin to look through the dark recesses of your closets. I found a wide range of baby clothes (my daughter is now 4), a wide range of "skinny" clothes that I will never be able to wear again (sadly), my husband's US Army uniform (40+ years old that he will never be able to wear it again), wrapping paper for a lifetime, and the largest collection of tote bags in the world (no joke). I purged a significant quantity of junk, kept what was too sentimental to chuck, and put the rest in the pile to be moved. Our Tahoe has been a Godsend -- we've learned that it can simultaneously hold a whole lot of our stuff, two cranky adults, a whining four year old, and a dog that refuses to lie down. Oh, these days, the fun never ends for us.
I hate to say it, but next week is going to be an absolute B!+ch for me. Giant projects to begin, giant projects to complete, lots of regular work to finish, and more moving of my home stuff from here to there. The new boss is super nice, but he seems to think that I am wonder woman and can handle multiple giant projects at the same time, with the addition of new giant projects each week. It's really stressing me out.
I will try to take some pix of the new digs this week so that I can post them. The landscaping is in, but still no sod. We are going to try to get the sod in in the next couple of weeks. After that, we will be getting some blinds inside and then that's it for now. We really need to sell our current home before we spend any more.
It's nearly Monday morning ... let the games begin!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you have an estimate of when you'll be officially moved? Love you!
ReplyDelete