You know, life is hard. And these days, it seems harder than ever.
Doing the right thing -- going to work, paying my taxes, paying my bills, making sure that my daughter is well mannered, clean and considerate, giving to charity, caring for my neighbors -- have always been basic tenets of my life. It's who I am. It's what I do.
But recently, those of us who "do the right thing" are also full of anxiety. After watching the nightly "crash and kill report" on the evening news, we become possessed with an underlying fear of losing our jobs through no fault of our own, or that some whackjob will somehow get a hold of and harm our children, or that we'll never have enough money to send our kids to decent schools and save for retirement at the same time. What has happened -- how can it be that the good, honest, hardworking contributors to our society are now the ones in fear?
However we got here, we really only have two choices regarding how to move forward -- we can live in fear and panic, or we can look toward the future with cautious optimism, taking charge of whatever areas of our life we can. For me, I choose to not be crippled by fear, but rather to continue to work hard, pray hard and do the right thing. It's who I am , it's what I do and that's not going to change -- ever.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How many times have we discussed this very topic? I think it's the only way you can get through every day with your wits in tact. The economical situation is definitely scary, not just because it stresses our bank accounts - but because it causes desperation and fear in our society as a whole. But I know I'm doing the best I can do with my business, being the best mom I can be, and living my life with a sound set of morals in place. It's all I can do... so I also choose not to let myself live in fear. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you keep blogging. Maybe it will inspire me to keep up with my own blog! <3 you!
Both of my sisters now have a blog!!! Looking so forward to reading about what is going on with both of you. You are so right that we need to take charge of whatever areas of our life we can. Lately, there are fewere and fewer areas we can control. It used to be that if we did a good job at work, our employment was certain. This is no longer true. More and more businesses are failing. At any time we can lose our jobs. John is going to 4 days a week in March (20% of his salary gone). I am now working for two bosses with the same pay. It is important that no matter how bad it gets, we remember that He is in control and trust in Him. I have to keep telling myself that no matter what happens, we will be OK. I love you very much!!!
ReplyDelete